Saturday 22 March 2014

Mac Russian Red Lipstick - Review




I have many red lipsticks but the Mac Russian Red is one of my favourites and has become a staple in my makeup collection! The bold, retro looking red has a matte finish, with an intense blue undertone. I find that this lipstick goes on without any problems what so ever, as it goes on without my lips going parched. This is due to the lipstick containing natural oils which gives the lipstick a better texture, as well as allowing the lips to retain moisture. However I do find by applying a lip balm before, stops my lips from looking dry and flaky after applying the lipstick. Also I would recommend using a lipliner before applying the lipstick, as I find the lipstick last longer and gives a better finish! 

I find that that this lipstick gives off such a glamorous look and I am forever getting compliments on it! My favourite thing to wear this lipstick with is a simple plain, knee-lengh, black dress on a night out, as I find the boldness of the lipstick makes the outfit stand out, without trying too hard but still looking glamorous and sophisticated!

Russian Red is just one of those shades which will not date and I think that every female should have this shade or a smiler shade in their makeup collection! 

You can find this lipstick on the mac website for just £15 - (click here)

Let me know what you think of this lipstick? Also what other shade of Mac lipstick would you recommend? 

2 comments:

  1. Still debating whether or not to get a red or a nude mac lipstick.... you've made me think this shade haha! lovely post:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love this shade because it does never date but then saying that i'm thinking of trying out a nude shade soon! Aw thankyou my lovely! :) xx

      Delete